GDC celebrates 50,000 cinema media servers shipped
GDC Technology Ltd., a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced that more than 50,000 cinema media severs have been shipped to customers worldwide. More than a third of the world's cinema screens, from renowned art houses to ultra-modern multiplexes, count on GDC Technology to enable new possibilities for big screen content and experiences.
“When GDC was founded in 1999,my small team and I sat and watched the first product ship,” said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman and CEO of GDC Technology. “I was excited then, but I was even more excited to watch the 50,000th media server leave the dock.”
GDC has reached an especially fevered pitch in China, with 26,000 media servers shipped since 2000, the industry’s largest market share. North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) experienced significant growth during this same period.
GDC is highlighting its technological achievements during the CinemaCom 2017 trade show in Las Vegas. The company has:
· introduced software based digital cinema servers and encrypted mobile hard disk drives for content delivery in 2001;
· integrated playback of live satellite transmission or cable feeds in both 2D and 3D directly into our cinema playback servers, which allows theatres to become entertainment hubs showing events around the world in real-time in 2010;
· developed the first integrated media block to be awarded FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certification in 2011;
· demonstrated the first digital cinema server in the world to simultaneously provide high frame rate playback, 4K resolution and live content playback capabilities at BIRTV 2011;
· introduced SX-3000, which allows cinema exhibitors to play digital cinema content from an integrated media block and projector suspended from the ceiling of a theatre, without an external server or standard projection booth, thereby reducing the space and cost required for exhibition as well as reducing overall theatre construction time, in 2012;
· received DCI-compliance for all models of our digital cinema servers in 2012; and
· launched SX-4000 immersive media server, the first server to integrate a built-in 16-channel decoder for DTS:X immersive sound, and XSP-1000 cinema processor (GDC Immersive Sound Solution), in 2015.
"The international success of GDC is exemplified by this milestone,” said Pranay Kumar, CTO of GDC Technology. “Our teams take pride in helping to define the future of the cinema industry by developing innovative and disruptive solutions, such as our newest immersive sound media server. We are committed to providing a one-stop shop for cinema owners and always strive to be one step ahead."
Visit the GDC booth (#2111A) at CinemaCon 2017 in the Augustus Ballroom from March 28 to 30 to learn more aboutGDC digital cinema solutions.