Movie Tavern unveils new chef-inspired menu
New Orleans-based Movie Tavern has launched a new chef-inspired menu, available now at the majority of locations nationwide.
“At Movie Tavern, we’re always looking for ways to enhance our guests’ entertainment experience,” said Dar Hackbarth, director of marketing and communications at Movie Tavern parent Southern Theatres. “With that in mind, we’ve created a new chef-inspired menu that should be a real taste treat for moviegoers and foodies alike. One of the nation’s top chefs has joined us in a collaborative partnership, and the result is more than two-dozen exceptional new entrees, garden picks, starters and desserts. We’ve also enhanced a few of our customer favorites. From fresh takes on kitchen favorites to some surprising culinary concoctions, we’re now offering guests a diverse and deliciously enhanced set of dining choices.”
Guests can select from a variety of new starters and entrees to enjoy from their seats or in the bar area while waiting for films to begin. New locations, such as Little Rock, AR and Trexlertown, PA—which is set to open late summer 2018—also feature a new bar concept called “The Tavern,” complete with comfortable couch seating, a fireplace and traditional bar games like darts and shuffleboard. The cinema-eatery also expanded its local craft beer selection in each market, including a 42-oz. commemorative tankard with discounted refills. Additional new menu items include:
* General Tso’s Cauliflower: Bite-sized, lightly fried cauliflower tossed in a light General Tso’s spicy sauce. Sprinkled with green onions and sliced chiles.
* Tomato Goat Cheese Fondue: Warm, gooey goat cheese surrounded by a house-made garden marinara dipping sauce. Accompanied by baguette slices.
* Roasted Red Pepper-Hummus: Velvety, homemade roasted red-pepper hummus with extra-virgin olive oil, served with pita bread, celery, red peppers, and carrot sticks. Topped with crunchy, fried garbanzo beans.
* Baked Rigatoni with Spinach & Portabella: Spinach, Portabella mushrooms, artichoke and creamy Fontina cheese baked and topped with a panko Parmesan crust.
* Roasted Salmon Over Brussels Sprout Cranberry Walnut Salad: Pan-roasted salmon atop house-made Brussels sprout salad, made with fresh mixed greens, walnuts, dried cranberries, and Grana Padano cheese, tossed with a zesty red wine and mustard vinaigrette.
* Hand-Cut Steak & Shrimp: Hand-cut bistro filet and garlic roasted shrimp. Served with a vegetable medley of portabella mushrooms, red peppers, onions and zucchini.
* Frozen Modelo Rita: Can’t decide between an icy cold Modelo Especial and frozen margarita? Combine them both in a Jumbo Jar.
* Hawaiian Sunset: Take a trip to the islands with this delicious citrus blend of Absolut vodka, fresh lime, pineapple, orgeat and grenadine.
* Scorpion: Watch out, this one stings! A surprising balance of Tanqueray gin, Don Q Rum, Mount Gay Rum, orgeat, fresh lime and orange.
Movie Tavern guests 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 or older for shows after 5:30 p.m.