Movio releases data on 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' advance-sale audience
Leading marketing data and analysis company Movio released insights on the audience buying advance tickets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Using Movio Media, the company’s market-research platform designed for film studios and marketers, Movio revealed that:
* The audience is comprised primarily of male fans (70% male), between 18 and 49 years old.
* The average age is 34.
* The audience regularly goes to the movies once a month as a group (average 2.3 tickets per transaction).
* These patrons spends 2.6 times more in average at the box office than a typical moviegoer.
* More than 67% go within release week, most on opening night.
* These moviegoers are tentpole supporters.
“As expected, Star Wars: The Force Awakens has generated unprecedented pre-sales activity,” says Movio co-founder and chief executive Will Palmer. “The audience profile is 70% male, massively over-indexing between ages 18 and 49.”
Movio Media aggregates real-time transactional and behavioral moviegoing data to provide film distributors and studios comprehensive market data, audience insights and innovative campaign solutions. Based on over 19 million avid moviegoers represented within Movio Media, the Movio data science team profiled the largest sample of a typical U.S. moviegoing audience according to standard industry demographic profiles.