NAGRA announces myCinema programming service for theatres
NAGRA, a leading provider of digital content distribution and content protection, will introduce the new service myCinemaTM at CinemaCon 2018 in Las Vegas on April 23.
“myCinema will drive the digital transformation of the cinema experience,” said André Kudelski, chairman of the board and CEO of Nagra parent Kudelski Group. “By connecting movie theatre screens, myCinema brings the agility of the Internet age to cinemas. This means that an unprecedented choice of content can reach any screen at any time at a very competitive distribution cost.”
“The movie theatre, the true and premier place for watching movies, will now welcome with myCinema all forms of content, entertainment and more,” stated Pierre Lescure, member of the board of directors of the Kudelski Group. “This may be the big opportunity for cinemas, the response to the rise of digital platforms for home entertainment. As the president of the Cannes Film Festival, I will follow this project of the Kudelski Group with great interest as it starts its first distribution in North America. This is an exciting development for the cinema industry.”
“We are partnering with theatre owners that are looking forward to growing their audience and maximizing venue utilization. As an Internet platform, myCinema enables diversified and flexible programming”, Kudelski explained. “Thanks to its AI-based analytics, myCinema identifies the unique fandoms active in a cinema’s local community and recommends targeted content choices. myCinema also features an app-based loyalty program tailored for each local cinema that allows consumers to express their programming wishes. Another key benefit is that myCinema significantly enhances image and sound quality, which are critical to drive people to the theatres.
“Content creators will find in myCinema an Internet platform that connects their valued creations to any theatre screen in a cost-competitive way. This is a dramatic shift in the content distribution model, allowing theaters to screen a wide variety of content, including national interest or niche, recent or vintage and recorded or live,” Kudelski concluded.
The team members of the myCinema initiative at NAGRA are:
* Jean-Luc Jezouin, myCinema lead: Mobile, broadcast and streaming-media business leader Jezouin serves as senior VP, DTV sales development, at NAGRA. Formerly of Alcatel-Lucent and Nortel.
*Glenn Morten, Strategy and Solutions: Morten is a VP at NAGRA and serves on the board of directors of the Entertainment Technology Center at the University of Southern California. Formerly of Google, YouTube and Widevine Technologies.
*Bruce Eisen, Content Acquisition: Eisen is the president of L.A.-based Digital Advisors. Formerly of HerelsTV, DISH Networks, CinemaNow and Trimark Pictures.
* Darcy Lorincz, Sports and eSports: Media network and live streaming pioneer Lorincz was previously with AerNow, Accenture, Origin Digital, the BBC and Global Crossing.
* Reza Ackbaraly, Music and the Arts: Music programmer and arts distribution professional Ackbaraly is a co-founder of Quincy Jones’ Qwest TV, serves as the CEO of Auditorium Films, and acts as music programmer at la Petite Halle and Jazz à Vienne.
* Felix Garcia, Latino Music and Film: Garcia also serves as VP of business development in 18 countries at monitorLATINO (data and marketing firm for Latino artists).
* Tim Warner, Jr., Exhibitor and Entertainment Industry Relations: Business development, marketing and entertainment industry entrepreneur Warner was formerly with Hill & Knowlton, O’Melveny & Myers, Widevine Technologies and others.
Visit http://mycinema.live for further information.