Qube Wire highlights movie distribution workflow features at CineEurope
Qube Cinema will showcase multiple new features of Qube Wire at CineEurope 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. Product demonstrations will be held at Qube Cinema’s booth 706 on the tradeshow floor.
Qube promises a flexible and simplified digital cinema distribution workflow with the following features:
* The Qube Wire Theatre Appliance is a cloud-connected in-theatre system to enable direct digital delivery of DCPs to the cinema. The appliance includes 4 TB of internal storage and can be networked directly to digital cinema servers and TMS systems. Featuring a low-profile 1U chassis, the Qube Wire Theatre Appliance works with both satellite and broadband delivery modes.
* Qube Wire’s new Universal Inbox provides exhibitors with visibility into the detailed status of all their content and KDMs. The exhibitor can sign into Qube Wire Cinemas at any time to look at a dashboard with the real-time status of content transfers and all KDMs for their theatres.
* In addition to the de facto Facility List Message (FLM) implementation most common throughout the industry, Qube Wire now hosts theatre information in the latest SMPTE format—the Extended FLM data, as recently published in the SMPTE ST430-16-2017 specification document. These FLM-x data feeds are provided free for all exhibitors using the Qube Wire service.
* The Wire Safe™ option gives studios and distributors full control over their critical security elements, including complete physical isolation. The Wire Safe HSM units can be hosted on premises, with a cloud provider, or with both options.
Qube Wire integrates with DCIP’s Key Vault system and enables the automatic and reliable delivery of keys all the way into the playback system and/or TMS, at locations using Key Vault. Qube Wire has also integrated support for MACCS TDL information.
* What’s on Wire (WOW) is a dashboard that allows Qube Wire users to see an interactive view of their content flow in various territories around the globe. This is a real-time view of content delivery status that provides useful at-a-glance information for distributors.
“There is no better platform than CineEurope to demonstrate new technologies in digital cinema,” said Nigel Dennis, head of European business development at Qube Cinema. “We are showcasing new features of Qube Wire that will take movie content distribution to a higher level. The Qube Wire platform is future-ready and the service has now expanded to 127 countries in its path to 100-percent global coverage. Qube Wire is uniquely geared to ease the hassles of theatrical movie distribution and make it an easy and seamless experience.”
Qube Cinema invites content owners, distributors, exhibitors and film festivals to sign up on Qube Wire and get exclusive offers. Content owners and distributors get US$100 free in their account upon sign-up. Exhibitors get free theatre appliances upon sign-up. And film festivals will receive free technical support and electronic delivery to their event. Learn more at www.qubecinema.com.