India's PVR Cinemas chooses GDC Technology
Las Vegas—GDC Technology Ltd. announced at CinemaCon 2016 the deployment of GDC Technology for PVR Cinemas in India.
PVR Cinemas, the largest and most premium entertainment company in India with over 500 screens, selected GDC Technology to monitor its digital cinema equipment and automated systems for the entire circuit. When completed, this will be the largest circuit-wide rollout of GDC’s comprehensive theatre management system (TMS) and technology intelligent network operations center (NOC) software.
Key features and benefits of GDC TMS-2000 include:
• Complete compatibility: The TMS-2000 is a flexible software solution that works with all major brands of digital cinema equipment. It is not bundled with any particular hardware and runs on majority of Microsoft Windows platforms.
• Creation of schedules with ease: The newly designed show scheduler allows PVR Cinemas to track and visualize all their scheduled playlists for the day, import schedules from more than 25 pre-qualified point of sale systems, and add and delete schedules with ease. The built-in alert automatically notifies if there is an invalid key delivery message (KDM) or missing composition playlist (CPL) file.
• Monitor and control screens from single access point: PVR Cinemas can monitor every aspect of every cinema screens at a glance. The status of both projector and audio device are displayed with real-time information while the Project and Sound Processor Controller give them full control.
• Automatic ingestion of a digital cinema package (DCP) from locally attached storage devices or FTP site: DCP’s are automatically detected and ingested from locally attached storage devices like USB thumb drives or from a FTP source.
• Intermission programming in show playlists (SPL): The TMS-2000 allows PVR to program SPL’s with an intermission.
Key features and benefits of GDC NOC are:
• Centralized monitoring and control of all compatible digital cinema equipment: The GDC central management system (CMS) allows PVR Cinemas to monitor and control their digital cinema equipment from a central location with ease by connecting to the GDC TMS systems within the PVR Cinema circuit.
• Centralized content and show management: Content and KDM’s can be ingested and transferred from the CMS to PVR’s cinema sites. SPL’s can be created either manually or automatically without user intervention, through integration with PVR’s programming system.
• Digital cinema equipment health monitoring: Device health can be monitored in an effective manner from the simple network management protocol (SNMP) module at the NOC. Color-coded warnings allow PVR’s staff to take preemptive action and avoid potential equipment breakdowns.
• Automatic fault ticket generation based on SNMP events: Fault tickets are automatically created based on SNMP events and can be sent to the appropriate persons within PVR’s technical team for necessary action. A pre-defined escalation matrix programmed into the customer relationship module (CRM) ensures that a ticket is escalated to a higher authority if left unaddressed.
• Playback, lamp and downtime reports: Play logs can be generated at the NOC for proof of performance for advertisement/DAVP billing and virtual print fee reports. Lamp reports and system downtime reports helps PVR Cinemas keep track of lamp usage and system downtime.