ShortsHD brings 'Stars in Shorts' to cinemas
Following the successful release of its annual Oscar Nominated Short Films this past February, ShortsHD announced Stars in Shorts, a collection of short movies featuring recognized stars. Opening in theatres beginning Sept. 28, the program features Colin Firth, Judi Dench, Kenneth Branagh, Keira Knightley, Julia Stiles, Wes Bentley, Jason Alexander, Lily Tomlin and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
The seven short movies showcased include:
• The Procession, starring Lily Tomlin and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Tomlin and Ferguson are mother and son who get lost on their way to a burial in this comedy.
• Steve, starring Keira Knightley and Colin Firth. Firth portrays the unusually needy neighbor of an exasperated Knightley.
• Sexting, directed by Neil LaBute. Julia Stiles plays a young woman fed up with her relationship with a married man.
• Not Your Time. Jason Alexander is an aspiring Hollywood screenwriter at the end of his rope in this musical comedy.
• Prodigal, starring Kenneth Branagh and Jennifer Morrison. Parents of a paranormal child enact a dangerous plan to free her from the frightening grip of a clandestine organization in this sci-fi thriller.
• After School Special, starring Wes Bentley and Sarah Paulson and written by Neil LaBute. A man and a woman have an awkward encounter at an indoor playground.
• Friend Request Pending, starring Judi Dench and Tom Hiddleston. Dench tries to navigate the complicated landscape of Internet dating.
ShortsHD’s Oscar Nominated Short Films program has charted a spectacular 800% growth in attendance since its inception in 2006. Stars in Shorts' theatrical release will be followed by release on iTunes and on cable and satellite pay-per-view on Oct. 9.
A list of participating theatres premiering Stars in Shorts can be seen by visiting www.shorts.tv/starsinshorts.