Dolby announces 11 new Atmos titles
Dolby Laboratories revealed today that 11 new titles are scheduled to be mixed and released in Dolby Atmos, increasing the number of announced titles to more than 100 since its launch. New Dolby Atmos titles are currently scheduled from major studios including DreamWorks Animation, Twentieth Century Fox, Lionsgate, Disney and Marvel, and Paramount Pictures, with Warner Bros. also planning for the release of The Hobbit: There and Back Again and Edge of Tomorrow.
The new Dolby Atmos titles are:
* Disney, Million Dollar Arm, May 16, 2014
* Disney, Marvel Studios, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, April 4, 2014
* Disney, Marvel Studios, Guardians of the Galaxy, August 1, 2014
* Disney, Marvel Studios, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1, 2015
* Fox & DreamWorks, How to Train Your Dragon 2, June 13, 2014
* Lionsgate, The Expendables 3, August 15, 2014
* Paramount Pictures, Noah, March 28, 2014
* Paramount Pictures, Transformers: Age of Extinction, June 27, 2014
* Warner Bros., Transcendence, April 17, 2014
* Warner Bros., The Hobbit: There and Back Again, December 17, 2014
* Warner Bros., Edge of Tomorrow, June 6, 2014
Dolby has made open specifications for Dolby Atmos integration available at no charge to a number of third-party manufacturers, including Christie, CineCert, Doremi Labs, Rohde & Schwarz DVS, GDC Technology, and Qube Cinema, with additional manufacturers currently in testing. In addition, more than 40 Digital Cinema Package (DCP) facilities and more than 55 sound mixing facilities are now equipped to support Dolby Atmos.
Dolby Atmos demos will take place throughout CinemaCon at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Please visit Milano Ballroom III to register.
Tuesday, March 25: 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 26: 10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 27: 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Dolby will also conduct a CinemaCon panel discussion on the benefits of Dolby Atmos on Wednesday, March 26, 2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m, in Milano Ballroom III. Hear directly from exhibitors about the benefits they have realized as a result of installing Dolby Atmos in their theatres. Also, hear why Hollywood content creators love to mix their movies in Dolby Atmos.
Nikolas Smith, Advertising and Marketing Manager, Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres
Chris Prichard, Director of Marketing, Santikos Theatres
Craig Henighan, Re-recording Mixer, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
David E. Fluhr, Re-recording Mixer, Frozen
Stuart Bowling, Director, Market Development, Cinema, Dolby (moderator)